skip to primary navigationskip to content

Faculty Fieldwork Funding

Students who are formally applying for leave to work away from Cambridge in order to undertake fieldwork (research away from Cambridge) for a substantial period of time (at least two weeks), and, who are registered for the PhD degree or the MPhil in Architecture & Urban Design are eligible to make an application for funding from the Faculty.

Information about applying for leave to work away is available from:

Candidates are notified in November and invited to submit applications by a deadline in February.

Successful applicants will be required to make use of their grants before the end of 2017 unless the Professor of Architecture waives this requirement.

Please note that this is a separate scheme to the Kettle’s Yard Travel Fund. The Faculty Fieldwork Funding scheme has specific eligibility criteria and offers more substantial awards for longer periods of working away.

Click here for further information and the application form.